Saturday, June 03, 2006

Coex Mall and the Fish Aquarium

Saturday, May 27

I slept in today, since I was pretty exhausted from yesterday. I got up around 9pm to get ready to go out. I met up with my friend Ellen and headed over to the Coex Mall. We got some lunch, and did some shopping. There is a fish aquarium there, so we decided to check it out. The tickets were 17,500 Won ($17.00), which I thought was a little steep for a fish aquarium, since other museums are only about 3000 Won ($3.00) and they more interesting, but if you like see the marine life, then it will be ok. I wasn't too impressed with it, since it wasn't that big. Then, we decided to see, "The Davinci Code". We wanted to see the 6 o'clock showing, but it was sold out so we got the 9 o'clock show. We had 3 hours to kill, so we just walked around, but got bored. It was raining, so we had to stay inside the mall too. Then about 8pm, we decided to go drinking instead, so we took a taxi to downtown Kangnam and went to a local bar. This place was packed! Ellen ordered a soju cocktail, which is soju mixed with either lemonade, sprite, strawberry juice. I just ordered regular soju, since I can not stand sweet drinks. We also had to order food (Anju), even though we were not hungry. Koreans eat food when they drink, so all the bars require you to order food when you are drinking. We ordered this chicken dish, but it was SO spicy that we couldn't eat it. I like spicy foods, but this was beyond hot, so we just finished off our drinks and left. We called it a night, since I have a long day tomorrow. I have to meet up with some friends at Everland, which is almost equivalent to Disneyland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home