Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Got my F-4 Visa

I went down to the Korean Embassy in L.A. to get my F-4 Visa. It was a lot easier than I thought. It only took 24 hours to get the F-4 sticker on my passport. I thought it was going to be a lot more complicated, since I was getting mixed information as to what documents were needed to get the F-4 Visa. Some people were telling me that I need both my moms and my dad's documents, but when I called the embassy, they only wanted documents for one of them. I think this only applies to Korean males to avoid the mandatory Military service in Korea, so the first thing I had to do was to get the Family Registry(Hojok) to see, if I was still in there. My uncle in Korea was kind enough to send me the Hojok, which showed my name. For that reason, I had to make sure my name was taken out to show that I am an American Citizen, which the embassy did.

Here's a list of the documents that they required:

-Original copy of the Family Registry and 1 copy
-My original copy of Certificate of Naturalization and 2 copies
-My U.S. Passport
-1 photo
-Proof of name change
-Mom's original copy of Certificate of Naturalization and 1 copy
-Mom's U.S. Passport
-$45
-One stamp

That was it! When I get to Korea, I have to register with the immigration office to get my Residence registration card. You just have to make sure you do this within 90 days of the Visa issuance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home