Saturday, May 20, 2006

2nd day in Korea

My 2nd day in Korea has been very relaxing. I woke up about 8am and started to unpack everything. It took me about an hour or so to organize everything. The place that I am staying at is on the third floor of this building that has several businesses. The 1st floor has a bakery, market, hair salon, and some other small stores. The 2nd floor has a Taekwondo studio, art school, and a Pilates studio. The third floor is a church with 18 study rooms, which are occupied by students, and one non-student, which is me. Study rooms are pretty common around colleges in Korea. It's basically a small room, with shared bathroom and kitchen, like the college dormitories back home. They are available for students with cheap rent. I only pay $150 a month.

I took a nap for about an hour, until my cousin came by. We went out and got some lunch. I still needed more things for my room, so we went to the local store. I ended up getting a iron, ironing board, hangers, clothes rack, and a clothes hanger to dry my clothes. Dryers are seldom used in Korea. We have a washer, but we have to dry our clothes in our room by hanging them on the clothes hanger. Some people use the top balcony to hang them on the clothes line. This is something I have to get use to, since I am so used to using the dryer.

Other than that I didn't do much anything else. It was a very relaxing day for me. I am still trying to get used to the time difference, but everything else is going good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home