Tuesday, May 16, 2006

On my way to Seoul

The time has finally come. I will be boarding Korean Air at 12:30AM on 5/17 to start my adventure. I am very excited to go, but at the same time I will miss my family and friends. I spent most of the day trying to pack. It took me a long time to pack, since I had to pack and unpack a few times, so that I can fit everything in the luggage. Even with all that, I still did not have a enough room to fit everything. To make it worse, it was way over the weight limit, which is 70lbs. I was in a dilemma, so I contacted Korean Air to find out what the charge is for going over the weight limit. I was told that it would be cheaper to pay a excess baggage fee of $100, rather than paying the per lb over the limit fee. For that reason, I went and bought another luggage to fit everything and to distribute the weight. That means I will be checking in 3 huge bags, and carrying on 2 bags. I will have my hands full in the airport. Thank God there are carts in the airports, but I am on my own outside of the airport. I don't know how I am going to carry 5 pieces of luggage by myself, but I guess I will find out. I remember when I visited Korea couple of years ago, I got turned down by 2 taxi's because of my luggage. Finally, the third taxi accepted me and took me to my destination.

Once, I land in Inchon, I have to take a limousine bus that goes to Sillimdong or Seoul University. My cousin's suppose to meet me at the bus station in Sillimdong, so I will get some well needed help with my luggage. Hopefully, I won't have too much problems with my luggage. Well, I am off to bed, since I have a big day ahead of me. Until then, take are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home