Saturday, September 30, 2006

Chuseok Holiday

My director from my work decided to take the whole week off during the Chuseok holiday, which I am really excited about. I am looking forward to having a whole week off. Chuseok is like Thanksgiving in Korea. I plan on going down to Jeon Ju to visit my uncle and my cousins.

This week went by pretty quick, since we went on field trips on Thursday and Friday. On Thursday, we went to Han River park and made it a sports day. On Friday, we went to the Children's Transportation Park. It's a park that educates the children on how to cross the street, obey traffic laws, etc. It had working traffic lights, streets, bridges, underpasses, etc. The highlight of the day was when we were walking around the park and we all stopped at one of the traffic lights and were waiting for it to turn green, when this man cross the street. All the teachers were looking at each other and was a little pissed, since he did that in front of the kids when we were trying to teach them the proper way to cross the street. The best part was when one of our 5 year old students yelled out, " Ajoshi! (ajoshi means old man in Korean) You're going to get hit by a big truck and die! " I thought that was pretty funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home