Friday, August 11, 2006

Scooter accident

I saw a scooter accident today. I am surprised that I don't see more of them, since they ride them like idiots. There is a helmet law, but I rarely see them wearing one. The funny thing is, I see them with helmets but it's either strapped on the back of the bike, hanging on the handlebars, or on their head half way. When I rode back home, I NEVER rode without my helmet. Two years ago, I crashed twice in the same year. Both times, my helmet was banged up pretty bad. If I wasn't wearing my helmet, then I don't think I would be here today.

Anyways, here's what I saw. The guy in the red was riding his Mr. Pizza sponsored, custom painted scooter. As you can see, he was wearing his full riding gear; no helmet, no gloves, flip flops, shorts, t-shirt. He was probably in a hurry to deliver that pizza under 30 minutes or something. He was riding behind the red car driven by the lady in the green shirt. He decides to pass her by going on the wrong side of the road, but when he tried to cut back over, he noticed that the silver car in front of him stopped for the red light and at the same time there was a car coming towards him. By this time, it was too late to cut back so he hits the car head on (the car is on the left side that is not pictured). Somehow, the bike and the rider gets knocked over to the lane that he is on in the picture and lands in front of the path of the red car. The red car drags the bike forward for about 5 feet. He was sitting in that position for a couple of minutes, then he stood up and walked around. He looked fine, but it could have been worse.

1 Comments:

Blogger Seoul Tiger said...

He did the tuck and roll manuever

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home