Sunday, August 13, 2006

I love the HEAT!!!

Actually, I hate this weather. It's so freaking hot and humid! I have to put up with it for, about, three more weeks.

Nothing new to report. I stayed home on Friday night to catch up on some sleep. I had my phone on silent and when I checked my phone the next morning, I had 15 missed calls. It's funny how when I feel like doing something, nobody calls me; but when I don't want to be bothered, everybody calls me.

On Saturday, I went to Sinchon and hung out with Hee Ju. We had some lunch and planned on going to check out a museum, but it was too damn hot, so we hid out inside Pascuuci's (coffee shop).

Later on that night, I went to City Hall to meet up with this girl that my uncle set me up with. My uncle feels that I should be looking to get married because of my age, but that is the last thing on my mind right now. I know about the Korean culture and the age that you SHOULD be married, but that is not my priority. When the time is right, then it will happen. I will not rush into it. My uncle has been acting like my father figure, ever since I've been in Korea. He means well and I appreciate what he is doing for me. He's been trying to set up with all these different girls, and I've been avoiding it, but this time I ran out of excuses. So, I met her at City Hall and went to Insadong to get some dinner. We actually had a great time, but I told her about how I felt and she understood. I am not looking for anything serious, especially since I am going back to California in a year. Also, dating a Korean is a lot different than dating an American. I've never dated a Korean before, actually, I've never dated any Asians. Well, it's kind of hard to explain the differences, but if you are an American guy that have dated in Korea, then you will know exactly what I am talking about.

On Sunday, I met up with Eun Young and went to church together. It was a fun day. Did the same thing as last week. First, we went to the English service, then we went to the Korean service. Then, the Youth Group (singles/young men and women) got together and discussed upcoming events. They are going rafting on Tuesday, since it is a holiday (Korean Independence Day), but that is the day that I am moving. Oh well. I will go to the next one. Also, one of the members in our group is a Tae Kwon Do instructor, and he offered lessons for dirt cheap. The lesson will be instructed in English, which will help me out a lot. If the time is good then I might take up Tae Kwon Do.

In case I didn't mention it before, I am MOVING on Tuesday! Finally! I am so excited! I don't have to deal with the busy bus and subway in the morning. Now, I will be in a more centralized area of Seoul, so it won't be a hassel to go anywhere.

Until next time, take care of yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home