Monday, July 31, 2006

Week off from work

My school's summer vacation starts this week. I still have my private tutors on Monday and Tuesdays nights, but I don't have anything else planned. Actually, I might go to Hongdae on Tuesday night to meet up with some friends to celebrate Sarah's B-Day. Towards the end of the week, I might go down to Jeon Ju to see my cousins. If it doesn't rain, I will go hiking in Gwanaksan but with my luck, it probably will rain. I've been to a lot of the tourist spots in Seoul, so I don't know where else to go. I need to get the Lonely Planet book of Korea to get some ideas. Anybody have any ideas?

This weekend was a mellow weekend for me. Even on Friday night, I got home around 3am, rather than my usual 6am. I went out to Jong-Gak to meet up with some friends. First, we hung out in front of Family Mart (small market) and drank soju while we waited for our other friends to show up. Then, we all went to a bar and did the usual. It was pouring rain all night; but this time, I bought a really nice umbrella so it didn't break. I stayed home Saturday night and watched couple of movies called Bandidas and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. They were both pretty funny. Bandidas was played by Salma Hayek and Penelope Cruz , which are absolutely gorgeous (that's an understatement). They became bank robbers after their town was taken over by some con man. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was played by Robert Downey Jr. who was a petty thief that tried to become an actor, but ended up being caught up in a murder mystery. Val Kilmer played a gay detective that was trying to solve the murder mystery. Anyways, I highly recommend these movies if you want a good laugh. I have both of these on DVD, if anybody wants to borrow it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home