Tuesday, August 08, 2006

First day back

My first day back was better than I thought. I was very tired, but I managed to get by without falling asleep, considering that I only had one hour of sleep. During my week off, I've been going to bed around 6am-7am and waking up around noon, so my sleeping pattern was all screwed up. On Sunday night, I got home around 11pm and tried to go to bed, but I laid there for about 45minutes without even getting close to falling asleep. I tried to read, surf the internet, watch a movie; but nothing helped. I didn't fall asleep until 6am and got up an hour later to get ready for work.

I walked down to the bus stop to catch the bus to go to the subway station, but two buses drove by without stopping, since both of the buses were too full. I was already running late, so I jumped in the taxi and went to catch the subway.

I was suppose to be at work at 9am, but I was about 15 mintues late. Luckily, my class doesn't start until 9:30 so it was fine. I just didn't have enough time to prepare for the class. Even though I was tired, it was good to see my students. They are so adorable, and they had a lot of stories to tell me. They definitely helped me get through the day.

My director gave me a present today. He went to Bali, Indonesia during his week off, and he brought back this really nice buttoned down shirt for me. Actually, he got all of us something, which was very thoughtful.

Usually, I have my private tutor on Mondays but they cancelled, so I didn't have to worry about falling alseep.

As soon as I left work, it started to rain a little bit. I didn't know that it was going to rain, but by the time I walked down the street, it started to pour. I ran to the bus stop and I was drenched. I was dreading the humidity and now the rain. This weather sucks!

Before I went home, I stopped by at the restaurant that I went to the other night (the one that I left a tip). She was excited to see me. After having my dinner and paying, she hands me a black bag and tells me to come back more often. She packed me up some kimbap, which was really good by the way.

As soon as I got home (about 5pm), I passed out. I woke up about 6 hours later, and I could not go back to sleep. It is 4:40am, right now, and I am wide awake. It will be a long day today. Tuesday's are the longest days of my week, so it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I am not much of a coffee drinker, but I think I have to drink it today.

I am going to lay down to see, if I can get some sleep. I will let you know what happens.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jes said...

Hope you made it through the day OK!! Tuesdays suck for me too!!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Seoul Tiger said...

It was Monday, not Tuesday. What post were you reading?

1:06 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

Sorry...I was reading it on a Tuesday!!

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home