Wednesday, July 26, 2006

What the Pho!!!

One of my favorite food is the Vietnamese dish called "Pho". It is a beef noodle soup that consists of beef broth, angel hair type noodles, beef, steak, and herbs. When I lived in California, I ate it about 3-4 times a week. You only pay about $5.00 and you get a huge bowl of that stuff.

I have been craving it, ever since I have been here. I looked for a place that had it, but I guess I was looking in the wrong places until now. I found a restaurant off of the Seoul University of Education Station, so I decided to check it out. This restaurants was pretty big. When we walked in, we were greeted by this attractive lady with the traditional Vietnamese outfit on. She took us to our table, so we sat down and looked at the menu. When I looked at the menu, the Pho was about $9.00 for the large bowl and $8.00 for the small bowl. I don't know why it was so expensive but I didn't care. Come to find out, the lady that took us to our table was a Vietnamese girl that didn't speak any Korean or English. For that reason, I thought that it was an authentic restaurant and the soup was going to be really good and was looking forward to it. With my luck, it was horrible! I was so dissappointed. I guess I won't me eating Pho in Korea.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shells Bells said...

Pho is pretty much the BEST soup ever!!!! There is a Pho Hoa right across the street from my school.. LOVE IT!

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home