Sunday, July 23, 2006

Seoul Food

Last week, I went to Yongsan to check out some scanners and printers. Yongsan is a huge mall that sells all sorts of electronic goods. It has about 5 floors and each floor sells different things. First floor sells only cameras, second floor has cell phones, third floor has computers, etc. This place is huge! Each floor is like the size of Circuit City or Best Buy, so you can imagine how big it is. It's set up like a swap meet, since you have your own little spot and every one of them sells the exact same thing.

Also, this mall has a huge food court, so I decided to get some dinner before heading over to my private tutor. There were a lot of choices but the "Menu for Dummies" made it a lot easier to choose what I wanted to eat. The dish that I had was called Kalguksu, which has thick noodles in some beef broth with seaweed sprinkled on top. This dish brought back memories from my childhood. Everytime I eat certain foods, it brings back memories of when I lived in Korea. It was really good and it hit the spot. It was cheap too. I only paid about $7.00 and I got the soup, 3 huge homemade steamed mandu (egg rolls), and the rest that you see in the picture. I am definitely coming back to this place again!


This is the Kalguksu. Thick noodles in beef broth mixed with eggs and seaweed. Just add some salt and you're good to go. It was GOOD!











The 3 white things are the mandu. They don't look that big in the picture, but they were pretty big. I am not a huge fan of kimchi, but even the kimchi was good. The yellow thing is some sort of soup, which was good as well.









The Menu for Dummies. Even non-readers can order food here. This picture is dedicated to people that can't read. The one I had is on the top left corner.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jes said...

Oooohhhh! Pictures!! I like your blog better already!!

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home