Sunday, July 09, 2006

Night out...

On Friday, after work around 5pm, I met up with Daisy in Sinchon. I met Daisy couple of weeks ago through a friend of mine. We weren't sure what to do, so we walked around for a little bit. Finally, we decided to get some dinner at this Japanese restaurant, which was not too bad. Then, we went to Starbucks to get some coffee. This girl was so boring that I was itching to leave. It was only 6pm, so I could not call it a night. She asked me the weirdest questions too. Anyways, I could not take it anymore so I told her that I had to leave by 8pm. In the meantime, I text messaged Charlie who I met earlier in the week by my work. He's the one (American) that is from Seattle. He replied back and wanted to meet in Jonggak, which is only about 15 minutes away from Sinchon. I walked Daisy to the bus stop and left to go to Jonggak.

The subway arrived at the Jonggak station, so I was walking up the stairs when I saw this guy trip and almost fell flat on his face. I started to laugh a little bit when, all of a sudden, I almost fell flat on MY face. Yes, I almost fell but caught myself. I guess that's what I get for laughing ( I apologize for laughing). Charlie met me at the subway station, and we went to this bar that his friends were at. When we got there, he introduced me to 4 girls an 1 guy. He told them that I was from California. All of them have been taking some english lessons so we conversed in english. I don't remember their names, though. I am usually good with names, but I can't seem to remember the Korean names. I remember one name which was "Kim" because it's an American name. Actually, he is Korean but has an American name. Also, he lived in Irvine (close to my hometown in California) for about 6 months and has a cousin that lives in Irvine as well. As for the others, I have NO idea.

It was a fun night. We started drinking beer, since the bar didn't serve soju. Charlie drank gin on the rocks, since he did not want to drink beer. It was funny hearing Charlie (caucasian guy) speaking Korean. He ordered all the drinks which was pretty impressive. We were all having a good time when Charlie ran into some of his other friends (Korean) at the bar. Now, there were 10 of us. The bar that we were at did not have enough room for all of us, so we went to another bar.

The new bar that we went to served soju, so the girls ordered their cocktail soju. The men ordered a pitcher of beer and about 5 bottles of soju. Suprisingly, they all spoke some decent english. Charlie and I were the only 2 native english speakers, so we were just babbling away. The others tried to keep up but had a tough time. This one girl started to talk to me in english, but I could not understand what the heck she was saying. For that reason, I started to speak Korean and everyone's eyes got really big. All of them thought that I only spoke english, so they were surprised when I spoke Korean. Then, couple of them started to call me "Opah" for some reason. Apparently, according to Kim, couple of them liked me and wanted to get my number but too shy to ask.

I don't know why, but Koreans always go to the Noraebang (Karaoke) after drinking. I think it's a ritual thing to do after the bars.

Oh, by the way, I was crossing the street to catch a taxi and I tripped AGAIN! This time in the middle of the street! It was so embarassing! Luckily, all of my friends were in front of me so they did not see me, but other people that were around saw me. What the heck was wrong with me that night? This time, I can blame it on the alcohol.

Other than tripping and almost falling on my face, I had a great night. It started off boring but ended up having a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home