Sunday, June 25, 2006

Kimbap

" Kimbap is a popular snack or lunch dish in Korea. It is made from rice and laver (dried seaweed), and contains many other ingredients. Popular ones include bulgogi, spinach, pickled daikon radish, and eggs. These and the rice are rolled in laver and sliced."

I think I just found my favorite food in Korea. I know some of you might think that I am weird, but I could care less. I like fine dining, but there are certain type of foods that brings back memories from my childhood when I lived in Korea. I remember going on picnics or trips with my family and eating homemade kimbap that were nicely packed in the stackable dishes (sort of like the tuppeware) that my mom made the night before.

It's not only good, its also very convenient too. In Korea, there are kimbap stores everywhere. Down one of the streets by my house, there are 5 kimbap stores out of the 8 stores, just in one block. They even have about 15 different kimbaps that I can choose from too. In California, I only ate kimbap about 2 times a month, since they were not very widely available. Being a bachelor and not having too much time to cook, I ate what was convenient, which were not always the healthiest choices. Kimbap, in the other hand, is pretty healthy. It has everything that I need from the 5 food groups. Now, I eat kimbap about everyday.

OK, OK... I need to explore other foods, but it beats eating McDonalds everyday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home