Friday, June 30, 2006

I don't do that, our housekeeper does...

I just get a kick out of some of the comments that I get from my students. I was teaching my 8 year old class today, and we ran into a word that none of the students knew. The word was " Chores ". Here is how the conversation went:

Me: Boys and Girls... Read #5... John had to complete his chores, before he can play with his friends.
Students: " Teacher! Teacher! What are chores? "
Me: Chores are something that your parents make you do around the house on a regular basis such as cleaning your room, taking out the trash... then I got interrupted by couple of the students...
Students: " NO! Teacher! My ajumma (housekeeper) does that!"

Not only do these kids have their own drivers, they have their own housekeepers. Geez! They make me sick!

All that aside, they are good kids. They listen to me very well and are eager to learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home